SOURCE CODE REVIEW
Source Code reviews are an effective method for finding bugs that can be difficult or impossible to find during black box or grey box testing. Our expert developers and security architects conduct a fast and effective code review armed with a comprehensive checklist of common implementation and architecture errors. Our expert team is hence able to quickly assess your code and provide you with a report containing all vulnerabilities discovered during the analysis part.
HOW IT WORKS
During the Source Code review, our Security Expert will search first for high risk and then work down to the low risk vulnerabilities. Overall, this will be a highly comprehensive review intended to find security breaches and violations, bugs and other issues. Vulnerabilities finding will focusing to review:
Injection coding issues, Cross-site-scripting (XSS) attack holes, Lack of authentication and authorization systems, Software library controls review, Cross-site request forgery, Secure information is hard-coded.
Our methodology for Source Code review:
- Review of your software documentation, coding standards, and guidelines.
- Discussion with your development team about the application.
- Identification of security design issues by asking your developers a comprehensive list of security questions.
- Analyze the areas in the application code which handle functions regarding authentication, session management and data validation.
- Identification of un-validated data vulnerabilities contained in your code.
- Identification of poor coding techniques allowing attackers to exploit them for launching targeted attacks.
- Evaluation of security issues specific to individual framework technologies.
Upon completion of the security test, a detailed report is sent to the client, including the following:
- Executive Summary: Summary of the purpose of this test, as well as as brief explanation of the threats facing the organization from a business perspective.
- Findings: A detailed, technical explanation of the findings of the tests, with steps and proofs of the findings.
- Conclusion & Recommendations: This section provides final recommendations and summary of the issues found in the security test.